|Freedom to Marry and Religious Protection Initiative|
|Proponents||Jeana Frazzini, Walter Knutson, Lonnie Read|
|Current status||Gathering signatures|
The Freedom to Marry and Religious Protection Initiative is a proposed amendment to the Oregon constitution. Proponents are currently gathering signatures to get the amendment onto the 2014 ballot.
Timeline[edit | edit source]
- 2013-02-27: Text filed with Secretary of State
- 2013-03-07: Draft ballot title filed by Attorney General
- 2013-03-21: Comments filed on draft ballot title
- 2013-04-05: Certified ballot title filed by Attorney General
- 2013-04-19: Deadline for appeal passed
- 2013-04-24: Appeal filed with state Supreme Court (Jack Louman and Teresa Harke v. Ellen Rosenbaum, Attorney General of the state of Oregon, Case number SC061275)
- 2013-05-23: Chief petitioner added
- 2013-07-16: Secretary of State certifies ballot title with no changes
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.